- What does indeterminate mean on my test?
– After verification from the lab; we will retest at no charge to you.
- Do you provide the COVID-19 vaccine?
– As of right now, we do not provide the vaccine.
- Can another adult take my child to get tested if I am at work?
– A parent or guardian needs to be present for testing with a valid ID or passport. In some cases, a signed note from the parent allowing a guardian to bring the child, with a copy of the parents ID showing signature is accepted.
- Why does your PCR test cost more than your rapid test?
– The PCR test is the most accurate and is sent to the lab for testing.
- Are there any age requirements?
– No, there are no age requirements. An adult has to be present if you’re under the age of 18.
- Do you know if I’ll have a co-pay?
– We wouldn’t know that information but we advise you to call your insurance carrier and ask them ahead of time.
- Do you need a referral?
– A referral is not required to test with our company.
- Do I need to bring my physical insurance card?
– Yes, you will need the physical insurance card with your name and ID.
- Are your tests CDC & FDA approved?
– Yes they are.
- Why don’t you accept Medicaid, Medi-Cal, & Medicare?
– Medicaid provides their own test, so I would recommend calling your insurance provider and find out where your insurance is accepted.
- How accurate are your tests?
– They are between 95-98.6 % accurate.
- What kind of test do you guys offer?
– We offer a PCR nasal swab, a rapid antigen, and a rapid antibody test.
- Is it drive thru or do they come to our vehicle?
– Our testing is done inside our cubes in some states and through a window in others.
- Do I need my confirmation to get tested?
– Yes, please have your confirmation available.
- Do we need an appointment?
– We highly recommend booking an appointment so you avoid long wait lines , but they are not required.
- What company do you get your test from?
– We are licensed through Alcala Labs and Mass Labs for our NY locations.
- Why does the PCR take the longest to get our results back?
– Your specimen is sent via UPS to the lab in San Diego, it is then put into a machine for testing.
- Can I get my results back in 72 hours if I am flying?
– In most cases, after the lab receives the results/specimen, it takes about 24-48 hours for your results to be sent to you via email but we can not guarantee that your results will be sent within that time frame.